Friday, April 29, 2011

What Makes An Apple Rotten?












Why is Apple such a ridiculously huge and successful company? What is their basic formula?

We know Apple makes a lot of money because they employ slave labor. And we know they sell a lot of units, so they are able to command a very cheap price per unit from all their suppliers. And we know that they offer products that are locked down and oversimplified, which is appealing to a certain segment of the population.

But is that it? I think all of those factors pale in comparison to the product placement. Apple makes a great deal of its money from the zombies staring at the tv screen every night who see the apple signet (on every single notebook on every single tv show, for example) and immediately go into idol worship mode. They are subconsciously convinced that they must possess this symbol because the idols that they worship on tv all seem to possess that symbol. It is simple idol worship, programmed into the masses using the powerful high bandwidth direct download link that we call television.

Apple is a zombie exploitation company. People should not buy their product on PURE MORAL GROUNDS. Why is that so hard to understand? I do not understand why or how so few people comprehend basic morality. There is no reason for any rational person to tolerate what Apple does to advertise their products.

And no, it does not matter whether or not Apple directly pays actors and directors to shovel that symbol onto the screen whenever possible. It makes no difference. Basic morality demands that you admonish that symbol itself, including the company it represents, regardless of the role they played in misusing that symbol. Tolerating this is like tolerating an ad that is literally pasted onto your contac lens. I get the feeling that many people simply would not care if all these mega-corporations' symbols and signets were pasted all over their contac lenses. If you have any foresight at all then you already know that that is the next step if you continue to enable the tactics Apple uses. But whatever. So I just pity the foo who watches tv and hope and pray that their stupidity doesnt screw me over too badly.

Symbolism is very powerful in our culture. Abuse of symbolism should not be tolerated. The societal penalties for abuse of symbolism should be severe. In the case of Apple I do believe it will completely destroy the company once broad recognition of this abuse becomes clear to the masses. Especially when they find out that Apple destroyed more American jobs than it ever created.

At what point did a small and innovative company morph into a behemoth monstrosity that invades people's subconscious minds while simultaneously tracking their body's every movement?

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remarkable issues here. I'm very glad to look your article. Thanks a lot and I am taking a look forward to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

my page ... dl.free.fr

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy I am so happy I found your weblog, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching on Digg for something
else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a incredible post and a all round exciting blog (I also
love the theme/design), I don't have time to go through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the great job.

My blog tv products

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just couldn't depart your website prior to suggesting that I actually loved the usual information an individual provide in your guests? Is gonna be again incessantly in order to check out new posts

Also visit my homepage: markets.financialcontent.com

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post is worth everyone's attention. When can I find out more?

My web blog :: omega juicers

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get
listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you

Feel free to visit my page ... www.mobypicture.com

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's equally educative and interesting, and
without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.
The problem is something which too few men and women are speaking
intelligently about. Now i'm very happy I stumbled across this in my search for something concerning this.

Also visit my webpage :: boston.com

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your weblog. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love
to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
Please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Thank you!

Also visit my site ... water vacuum on tv

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Dear, are you actually visiting this web page on a regular basis, if
so after that you will absolutely take pleasant know-how.

Here is my blog post :: flashlights You Shake

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting!
I really enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.
I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back later in life.
I want to encourage continue your great writing, have a nice evening!


My webpage :: hottest gift ideas

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's remarkable to go to see this site and reading the views of all mates on the topic of this piece of writing, while I am also zealous of getting familiarity.

my web page: whatisfabriclear.tumblr.com

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's impressive that you are getting thoughts from this post as well as from our argument made at this place.

Look into my site http://www.seevisual.com/

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to provide one thing again and aid others such as you aided me.

my webpage - reverse osmosis filtration

11:24 PM  
Blogger Jharna said...

I had the hardest time convincing people of this exact same chain of thoughts....all of them huge apple fans, of course.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Very well-written.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking
back frequently!

Feel free to visit my blog post ... water vacuum on tv

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it
out.

Feel free to surf to my web-site; http://www.chlodnictwo.info.pl/wiki/index.php?title=U%C5%BCytkownik:OctaviaFo

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find most of your post's to be just what I'm
looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content for you personally?

I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write about here. Again, awesome website!

Also visit my web site :: juice fasting

3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This design is іncгedіble!
Yоu obviouѕly know how to keep a readеr entеrtained.
Bеtωeen your wit and уour videos, I
was аlmost mοved to ѕtаrt my own
blog (well, almost...HаHa!) Wonderful job. I reallу loved what you hаd to say,
and more than thаt, hoω уou presented it.
Τoo coοl!

Look at my web site: tekercselés

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on a
variety of websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform.
I have heard good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it?
Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!


Stop by my homepage water vacuum on tv

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home